Elements of Home

A Boutique Residential Design Architecture Practice

A Bit About Rob

Hi – I’m  Rob, I’m an architect and I specialise in designing residential renovations, new homes and sub-divisions around Melbourne’s Bayside area. My typical client is a family looking to renovate or extend their current home. Or a couple looking to knock down and rebuild. Usually they have outgrown their space and realise that moving is unaffordable.

My kids are now in the dreaded teenage years so I understand the dynamics and needs of a growing family. I pride myself on being able to present to you a creative design solution to your problem. Check out my instagram page for some recent designs.

Give me a call or send me an email, I can tell you immediately if your budget is reasonable for the work you would like to do. I also offer free consultations at your home or over zoom.

Following our meeting I will prepare a fixed fee proposal and send that through to you.

My proposal not only includes my fees but all the other consultants and permit fees that you may require through the journey. It’s important you have all the information up front before you begin, and my exhaustive proposal explains each stage of the process in detail. These days it is even more important to make sure the design you end up with fits your budget. And we establish that very early on in the process.

My service is personable, professional and quick and I guarantee to have designs back to you within a few weeks of my site measure.

I appreciate how daunting this undertaking can be. I will hand-hold you through the different stages. I will deal with all the consultants on your behalf and I will deal with the bureaucracy of councils for you too. A process that will test the patience of most!

I am proud to direct you to my testimonials page to read about my clients’ experiences as it is these reviews and their repeat referrals that I appreciate most of all.

Our Process

Initial meeting or conversation to discuss the project. No fee. No obligation. The fee proposal is broken down into stages. Depending on the project one or more of the following stages may be required:

  1. Concept Design
  2. Pre-Application meeting with Council
  3. Town Planning Application
  4. Building Permit Application
  5. Tender Process

Each stage will have a fixed fee and you are under no obligation to proceed with all stages quoted. With each stage we note the other consultants or costs that may be incurred. Construction projects usually require the services of an engineer, a geo-technician (soil report), a certified energy rater (for the 6-star energy rating requirements), a site surveyor and a building surveyor. There may be other consultants or costs and if there are we advise in the proposal. Knowing your costs before you start helps you budget accordingly.

From Concept To Completion

Elements of Home is a high quality one-stop shop design service, ensuring every aspect of your home design is managed professionally and effectively.

How I Can Help You


Renovation  (also called remodeling) is the process of improving a structure. Renovations are typically either commercial or residential. Our renovation services include:

Home Renovation– home remodelling is our passion. We take your existing house and turn it into the dream home you always wanted. Kitchen renovation– we design the kitchen to suit your needs Bathroom renovation– we can change the layout and/or relocate to give you a better flow.


To practice architecture means to provide services in connection with the design and construction of buildings and the space within the site surrounding the buildings, that have as their principal purpose human occupancy or use.


A person who prepares technical drawings and plans under the direction of an architect or engineer.

Building Designer

All building projects require the services of a building designer, typically licensed architect or structural engineer. Larger, more complex building projects require the services of many professionals trained in specialist disciplines, usually coordinated by an architect.

Interior Design

 An interior designer is someone who conducts such projects. Interior design is a multifaceted profession that includes conceptual development, liaising with the clients of a project and the management and execution of the design.

Town Planning Permit

There are various controls and overlays that trigger the need for a Planning Permit. We will advise you if one is required.

Building Permit

There are very few building permit exceptions. Fences, decks, pergolas, verandahs, garages, carports, demolition of buildings, swimming pools, retaining walls, single wall removals etc all require a building permit. Predominantly for your own safety.

Thinking Of Renovating Your Home?





    Caulfield South, Melbourne

    VIC 3162